Continued international expansion of Spanish companies over the past few years has increased the need to transfer employees to other countries.
“Traditional expatriation policies are changing.”
The following are new international mobility procedures:
- Long-term displacement.
- Temporary displacement or project-based displacement.
- Employee locations in the country of destination.
These international mobility procedures must be carried out thoroughly to preserve and respect all legal guarantees while ensuring successful expatriation and avoiding employee and company setbacks. The implementation and management in the areas of social security and immigration present us with a certain complexity:
- A double contribution to social security, both in the country of origin and the country of destination where the worker is being displaced, which may be avoided with the correct required formulation of procedures.
- Incorrect communication to social security may cause the worker to lose years of contribution with the corresponding demand risk to the company for any damage caused.
Our service proposal includes managing international employee displacement when dealing with both immigration and social security.
At the same time we offer our clients support and counselling services throughout the regularization process when dealing with international displacements that have been inadequately implemented.
1. Support services for managing international assignments regarding social security.
- Certificate of Coverage application to keep social security coverage in country of origin.
- Regularization of situations brought about by incorrect displacement formalization before social security or immigration authorities.
- Long-term assignments
- Short-term assignments
- Permanent international transfers
Social Security Services: We provide the following social security services:
(i) Application, processing, and attainment of social security coverage certificates.